Get professional waterproofing installation to seal and insulate any basement, keep water out, prevent mold, and ensure a healthier foundation.
Professional Waterproofing Contractors
Northstar Specialties, Inc. offers expert waterproofing services in the Minneapolis, St. Paul, and surrounding areas of Minnesota. Using advanced technology, we help prevent moisture infiltration by sealing and insulating the exterior underground foundation and damp-proofing the interior walls in a building. If your goal is to seal and insulate the basement in your home to keep water out, keep comfort in, and increase the value of your property, we have an expert team to exceed expectations.
Expert Waterproofing Solutions
Mold. Flooding. Cracked foundations. Water damage is the last thing you want to happen to your property, but these are all problems that can occur in a building if you don’t take the best preventative measures. Your biggest asset can quickly become your biggest liability if you aren’t careful. Or maybe you’re already experiencing issues. Which is precisely why waterproofing your home or building is the best step you can take. Northstar Specialties, Inc. offers a team of hard workers that are experts in the field, so you can put any job in the hands of trusted contractors. Click below to get started with a free estimate today!
Benefits of Waterproofing
- Increase Property Value by Waterproofing – State-of-the-art waterproofing applications decrease water absorption and increase property value.
- Skip Water Damage Costs and Save Money – Waterproofing prevents moisture, ruined furniture and windows, and wood rot, so costs stay down.
- Breathe Clear, Healthy Air – With Northstar Specialties, Inc. waterproofing services, you can prevent moisture, reduce dust, and provide mold and mildew-free air.
- Keep Your Building Structure Intact – By waterproofing your floor and/or walls, it will prevent cracks on concrete, and increase the life of your structure.
- Say Goodbye to Humidity, Mold, and Mildew – Keeping your structure dry means that you can say goodbye to humidity, mold, and mildew and say hello to a dry, clean building.
Waterproofing a new or updated structure is essential to avoid water damage or preventing further problems. By using the Northstar Specialties, Inc. team to install a building envelope, add vapor and air barriers to walls, and damp proof your project, it ensures lasting protection.
Exterior basement waterproofing is essential for protecting any new or updated construction. Prevent mold growth, moisture, and water damage with our expertly applied waterproof materials, so you can avoid extra costs later.
Our Northstar Specialties, Inc. team expertly applies Drylok® to your building’s basement interior to create a tight seal that locks out water, prevents damage, and keeps your structure intact.
Drain Tile Systems
Northstar Specialties, Inc. installs both interior and exterior drain pipes to prevent moisture from building up around your structure, manage water levels, and save your building from damage.
Our expert team uses moisture mitigation to protect floors by reducing or eliminating the transfer of excess water vapors from a concrete underlayment to the finished flooring.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ – Basement Waterproofing
Commercial and Residential
If you’re new to waterproofing, you may have a few questions regarding how the service works for residential or commercial use, whether you need to hire our expert Northstar Specialists, Inc. team, how to solve a waterproofing problem, etc. Keep reading below to answer all of your waterproof installation questions and contact us to get an estimate while spots last!
A leaky basement can cause even bigger problems in the future if the best preventative measures aren’t taken. Even if your building isn’t in a flood-prone area, there’s always a chance for moisture to trickle in and cause problems down the line. While you don’t have to waterproof your building, it can save you money in the long run by preventing water damage.
There are multiple steps that Northstar Specialties Inc. takes to fully waterproof a basement in a residential or commercial home. Fully waterproofed basements have both interior and exterior protection. However, some people opt for one or the other depending on budgeting and prioritizing reasons.
- Interior Waterproofing – During this process, any cracks and holes in the floor, walls, and ceiling of the building are filled and sealed with a strong, waterproof material to prevent leaks and increase protection.
- Exterior Waterproofing – The first step is excavating the soil surrounding a building’s foundation. A polymer-based sealant is applied to the outside of the foundation, and the soil is replaced at an angle that forces water away from the structure.
If basement leaks are a problem, potential homebuyers will want to pay less for the property or even back out of the purchase. Conversely, if a home’s basement is properly waterproofed, buyers will gladly pay more for a house that is protected. By thinking ahead and using our services at Northstar Specialties Inc., your building will be properly waterproofed and protected.
Besides the obvious pools of water in your basement, it’s important to know that a structure has a leak, so it can be waterproofed. Here are signs of water damage to look out for:
- Mold and/or mildew spots are visible
- Musty odors are detected
- Damp spots appear on walls or floor
- Walls have white, chalky marks
- Floors and walls start to get cracks
- Paint peels or wallpaper bubbles
- Rust forms on metal objects
- Visible dry rot and warped paneling or wood
If anything on this list becomes a problem, or you want to place preventative measures to ensure water damage doesn’t happen, contact us to get an estimate today!
Moisture mitigation and waterproofing may sound similar, but they are actually two different processes. Moisture mitigation specifically reduces or eliminates moisture on a floor’s surface. Waterproofing prevents water from damaging a building’s structure and entering the interior of a home.